Pancake Day 2018 falls on Tuesday, February 13th! People everywhere are getting out their non-stick pans and whipping their flipping wrists into shape for the grand event! Armfuls, balancing tiers of butter, milk, eggs and numerous fillings to satisfy the dispensing of fatty ingredients just in time for Lent. While we celebrate traditions, we can enhance them with fun new attitudes! What’s more vibrant than the 80’s? Nothing! Add a unique blend to Pancake Day with rainbow pancakes and a distinctive fusion of Watson Edible Glitters that would make Lisa Frank proud!
What you will need:
- Lotsa bowls
- Food Coloring
- Non- Stick Pan
- 1 Fat Spatula
- 1 Medium Food Brush
- Pancake Batter
- Watson Edible Glitter (Shake to mix for the perfect technicolor that would make your trapper keeper jealous)
- Hot Pink
- Silver Squares (smallest)
- Metallic Silver Hearts
- Pearlescent Pink Hearts (all sizes)
- Pearlescent Pink Lips
- Metallic Gold
- Metallic Silver Stars (all sizes)
- 1-Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoons of White Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 ¼ Cups Milk
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 Can of Madagascar Vanilla Whip Cream
- Powdered Sugar, Honey or Syrup
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Pour in milk, egg, and oil and mix until smooth.
- Divide batter equally into small individual bowls
- Add 3 drops of desired food coloring to each bowl. Refresher: blue and red make purple ☺
- Pour the batter into the heated pan (use the low setting, so no brown develops on pancakes NO BUTTER/NO OIL), using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. (I woked it! Literally)
- Little bubbles on top? Time to flip!
Plate your flapjacks in your preferred rainbow sequence! Spray flowered gobs of Madagascar VanillaWhip Cream on top! Dip your Medium Food Brush in the Watson Edible Glitter’s Awesome 80’s Fusion Mix and tap with your finger to distribute all over your fab stack! Usually, we’d say less is more, but that’s not what the 80’s was for!